6 Other Philippine Islands to Explore Aside from Boracay

With a somber mood, I offer you the news that Boracay will be closed from tourism activities for 6 months. The closure order will start this April 26. This was already confirmed by the Palace spokesperson Harry Roque. 6 months is a long time especially for an island as active as Boracay. But this step has to be done to ensure that the island's natural resources can be preserved and protected from further damage. While I love Boracay and I agree that claims of it being one of the most beautiful islands in the Philippines are warranted, I would like to bear the good news that it isn't the only beautiful island or beach in the Philippines. With over 7,000 islands, there are many other good (and some would argue, better than Boracay) beaches to choose from. 


1. El Nido

via

You cannot talk about the best tropical destinations in the world (yes, not just in the Philippines) without talking about El Nido. This gorgeous group of islands is best known for its steep karst cliffs, secret lagoons, and pristine white sand beaches. The Small and Big Lagoons in Miniloc Island has been snapped in many Instagram photos and featured in numerous travel magazines (both in print and online). There is no word fitting to encapsulate the beauty of El Nido. We also found this interesting guide on what you need to know before going to El Nido to ensure a hassle-free trip planning.

Read related >> Thai Basil Boracay

2. Coron


via

Coron is another popular destination also located in Palawan, Philippines. Even though it is not as popular as El Nido, it is slowly gaining its fair share of fans who are delighted to explore the stunning islands, lagoons, and cliffs of the island minus the flock of tourism. Mind you, more people are now finding themselves heading to this island because of the irresistible desire to set foot on one of the most beautiful tropical paradise islands you will lay your eyes on. 

3. Bantayan Island




I've only been to Cebu once and I was lucky enough to visit the beautiful Bantayan Island. As I've said in this post, I highly recommend a visit to Bantayan Island if you want to experience the same gorgeous white sand beaches that Boracay has to offer minus the crowd of tourists. 


4. Panglao Island


via

I've never been to Panglao or Bohol, but it's on my bucket list. The beauty of the island struck me the first time I saw photos of it online. Specifically, I will want to visit Alona Beach because that is one that keeps popping up in many travel reviews that I've read. 

5. Palaui Island


via

I am embarrassed to admit it but it wasn't until the Survivor show filmed at Cagayan province that I discovered this secret gem of a tropical paradise. It is located at the northeastern extremity of Luzon. Hence, the remoteness of the island can be one of the reasons why it is not as crowded by tourists yet. But for those who brave the travel to get to these remote island see their efforts pay off because it is truly a tropical haven unlike no other.

Read related >> 10 Photos of Puka Beach That Will Inspire You to Visit

6. Caramoan


via

The Caramoan islands are on my bucket list and it should be on yours too. If you are constantly seeking out beautiful beaches that are isolated, this one right here ticks off that item in your bucket list. From secret lagoons, to turquoise waters, and untouched beaches, you will fall in love with Caramoan! The islands of Caramoan is quite remote, so don't forget to read this handy guide I found to get here. 

Which of these Philippine islands or beaches do you have on your bucket list? If I missed anything, do let me know as I would like to explore more of our beautiful country!

Like this post? Pin this image!


No comments