Most Romantic Travel Destinations in the World

In keeping with the Valentine's Day spirit, I wanted to compile a list of my travel bucket list items and romantic destinations. It would be a dream to travel to any of these destinations whether for a romantic vacation or your honeymoon. Let's compare notes with these must-visit romantic travel destinations.

Prague, Czech Republic

via
Prague is the first one on the list because it is also my top travel destination in Europe, not just in terms of romantic travel destinations. I have a few bucket list items to see in Prague - from the Charles Bridge to the Prague Castle. The beautiful architecture and the rich culture and history combine to making this the ultimate travel destination. 

Santorini, Greece

via
Greece is one country that I've always dreamed of visiting. For a romantic vacation, I would put Santorini as my number one destination in Greece. Do I really have to explain myself here? Look at that beautiful contrast of the blue and white. The architecture and natural beauty without a doubt combine to inspire a romantic mood, even for those who don't consider themselves the romantic type. 

Dubrovnik, Croatia

via
I know this is a list of romantic destinations in the world. However, Dubrovnik is in any travel bucket list of mine - and I am pretty sure in everyone else's too! It is steep in culture and history too, which makes it a must for anyone interested in both. 

The Maldives

via
While I might be biased to say that we do have a fair share of gorgeous beaches in the Philippines, that does not stop me from dreaming of gorgeous tropical beaches in the Maldives. The clear, turquoise water is calling my name. It's one of the destinations I look forward to traveling for romantic getaways!

Florence, Italy

via
There are plenty of romantic cities in Italy but none as romantic as Florence. It's no wonder why it is the choice of setting for Shakespeare's 'Romeo and Juliet'! Whether you want to explore historic sites or buildings, or walking around in the square, it is the perfect destination for that romantic escape!

Quebec City, Quebec


via

If you can't make it to Florence, Quebec City is another great option too! I want to travel to Quebec for the same reasons I want to visit Florence. However, I am sure it has its own idiosyncratic characteristics that are uniquely its own. I would love to discover what Quebec City has to offer in a romantic weekend escape (or maybe I'll want to stick around longer!).

Charleston, South Carolina

via

If I must travel to only one city in the US, I'd pick Charleston any day. I've heard and read enough about the historical background and the romantic vibe of this city that I am itching to go. Of course, going on one of those horse carriage tours would be a dream romantic activity while in the city.

Paris, France

via

You can't have a romantic travel destinations list without Paris. Period. The Eiffel Tower and all the other features of the popular city (arguably the most popular in the world) is one of the most photographed landmarks in the world. Day or night, I'm sure there are plenty of romantic things to do here. 

Boracay, Philippines


via

Last but definitely not the least, I am going to include Boracay as a romantic travel destination for those planning a Valentine's Day trip! It has great beaches, vibrant nightlife, and several good dining options! What more can you ask for? In fact, this is where we recently celebrated our second wedding anniversary!

Did we miss anything? Do let us know!

Like this post? Pin this image!





No comments