Thai Basil Boracay

via

Prior to traveling to Thailand, I would not even entertain the thought of eating at a Thai cuisine restaurant. But when I tried my first pad thai, I was converted. Now, I would consider Thai cuisine as one of my top three favorite cuisines. Hence, it was no surprise that we decided to dine at Thai Basil on our recent trip to Boracay. Read on to find out about our dining experience...


As with any Southeast Asian cuisine restaurant, the interior decor and ambiance in Thai Basil is simple and unassuming. There is no need for all the bells and whistles. This restaurant clearly knows that the food is the main attraction here. With that, we proceed with confidence and probably hyped up by our excitement that we get to treat our taste buds to that same taste that got me to love Thai cuisine in the first place.

Of course, I couldn't pass up the chance to eat Thai Basil's Pad Thai so that was one of our orders. Thai Basil's did not disappoint. It has all the essence of an authentic Pad Thai that I tasted back in Thailand - savory, sweet, salty, with lots of texture from the peanuts, and a hint of spiciness. We also paired it with their Shrimp Satay, another Asian classic. Both dishes really hit the spot. Delicious in their respective ways.

The price range for each dish at Thai Basil is at PhP 200 (US $4) to PhP 500 (US $10). Each serving is ideal for 2-3 people (depending on your appetite), so I can say that is not a bad deal at all! 

Thai Basil is located at D'Mall in Station 2 of Boracay

Like this post? Pin this image!



2 comments

  1. This will definitely go to my bucketlist of restau in Boracay. Do they have Pad Thai? :)

    ReplyDelete