Angkor Wat: Can't Miss in Cambodia

Angkor Wat. It is one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Cambodia and is one of the most impressive temple complexes in the world. In fact, it is the largest religious monument in the world. You can only imagine our excitement when we finally booked a trip to Cambodia. Angkor Wat is one item off of our bucket list. And speaking of bucket list, you can't even have a travel bucket list without Angkor Wat in it.



We were so hyped and brimming in anticipation when we were headed to Angkor Wat. I knew that it was going to be grand; but we did not anticipate just how grand the scale would be. We opted for the 1-day tour ticket but you can choose a few other ticket variations. There is a 2-day and 3-day pass. If you have a few days to spend in Siem Reap and love exploring cultural sites, exploring Angkor Wat for a few more days would be worth it. We explored for one full day and we couldn't see all of the temples. Hence, a day or a couple extra days should give you more than enough time to explore those other temples. 



We'd spare you the blabber... I'd like to present to you some of the images that we've captured to provide you a glimpse of the impressive monuments that we're lucky enough to see in Angkor Wat. 


What to See in Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat




Bayon Temple




South Gate




Ta Prohm




Banteay Srei




Unfortunately, it was a rainy day when we visited the Angkor Wat. Hence, we missed the sunrise shot that most visitors to Angkor Wat would anticipate for. Nonetheless, it was still worth the visit. 

Obviously, we loved Angkor Wat. We traveled to Cambodia primarily to see it. Hence, it would be a waste to go to Cambodia if you aren't going to see the Angkor Wat. End of story. 

Have you seen the Angkor Wat temples? 

Like this post? Pin this image!



5 comments

  1. Wow! Angkor Wat looks so grand and majestic! No wonder it takes a couple of days to explore it all. Love the fascinating architecture of the temple. Cambodia is on my bucket list and I'm definitely going to visit this masterpiece of history on my visit. Thanks for sharing this lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to go! It is beautiful as can be!

      Delete
  2. I've been seeing this from my friends' posts for awhile and this makes me feel more excited to go back to Asia. My husband David and I are really planning to travel around Asia after we move out of the US. And yes, I hope that when we visit here, we get to experience the sunrise there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also think the many reasons people visit Cambodia is due to the Angkor Wat Temples. I read they are many and it's pretty much nice to see some of this beautiful temples. So sad you didn't get the sunrise shot, it would have been more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gabriela@IamFoodieTraveler
    This is amazing, and the pictures are breathtaking. I was actually considering skipping Asia one more year and still focusing on Europe, since I was planning to have all 52 countries by the time I am 35, let's see how that will turn out, since I am reading more and more (and definitely your post is one of those) about Cambodia and Vietnam as the perfect holiday spots.

    ReplyDelete